It looks like the weather is going to be a little nicer than last years event.
Clear blue sky, temp at the start are expected to be hovering ar
ound 22 degrees or so.
Kinda hovering between two different wax types with my selection, but Marlo was helping me get them prepped for todays ski. Should be a little faster conditions this year compared to the fresh snow coming down at the start last year. I guess I'm just hoping to beat my time last year which was my first year doing it with a time of 1:08:04 for the 12k classical ski. Shouldn't be too hard as last year I had no glide for the last half, so with my new ski set up this year I'm feeling confident to finish a little faster.
Marlo helping Dad wax his skis!
Results:
It was a great day on the trails! Fun to ski in weather above ZERO! Race temp was 18-19 degrees with not a cloud in the sky. I got a good start and set my pace a little fast, but after doing that in last years bike race I knew I had to slow that down a bit or I was not going to make it. So I settled down and enjoyed the ski and fast conditions. I was lucky enough to have 4 cheerleaders to meet me at the crossings. Nicole, Eleni, Marlo and Grandma Trish were there which was around the midway point so that shifted the pace a little after seeing my girls and Eleni jumping up and down which was great! I was passed midway by a few high school kids and then found myself skiing solo for the trip down suicide hill and
then bullhead lake loop and throughout the rest of the race about a 1:30 behind the person if front of me and about 2:00 in front of the person behind, so it didn't really feel like a race when I couldn't see anybody to chase or try to pull away from. So coming across the finish with a time of 54:35 - around 14 minutes faster than last year which was good.
photo courtesy of skinnyski.com

Eleni & Dad at the FINISH!
No comments:
Post a Comment